210 Main Street, P.O. Box 171
New London, NH 03257
No Project too large or too small.
Available in many styles and patterns to customize your home, wallpaper can add touches of color that sharpen the look of a room. Coordinating wallpaper, paint, window treatments and appropriate lighting together will make your home warm, comfortable and unique.
Why Choose Wallpaper?
Flexibility in Room Styles
Subtle wallpaper designs such as stries, damask and stripes adapt easily to differing room styles and moods. With each of these design types you can change furniture and accent pieces to suit whatever theme you choose to create.
- A STRIE (delicate pattern of thin stripes) can add flair to an otherwise plain room without taking center stage.
- DAMASK (elegant designs that include scrolling arabesques) add sophistication.
- The STRIPE is another style which adds character to any room. It can also help to make the ceiling look higher.
Ease of Use with Today's Wallpapers
Wallcoverings today are easy to install, maintain and remove.
- Preparing the wall with a Primer before installation makes removal a hassle-free experience.
- Advances in Paste Technology allow for easy installation and ensure that the wallpaper will adhere to walls for a long period of time.
- Wallpapers today are far easier to clean compared to paint. You can wipe most marks and stains from a wallpaper's surface. It is easy to wipe modern painted surfaces also, but this sometimes leaves a shiny or dull spot after cleaning.
- If you choose vinyl, your wallcovering will retain its original beauty for at least 15 years, while a painted wall requires repainting approximately every three years.
Economical for your Home
A correctly installed wallpaper may last up to 25 years with a look you simply can't get with paint. The wallpaper and installation is paid for once, as opposed to multiple purchases of paint and the labor that goes with it.
- Choosing vinyl wallcovering over paint can result in a savings of 30% or more.
Wallpaper Hints for your Home
- If you are papering just one wall, match the paint on the other walls to the wallpaper's background for a seamless finish.
- In gloomy bedrooms, wallpaper with a metallic finish can be used to reflect light.
- Textured wall coverings are an ideal disguise if walls or ceilings aren't smooth.
- Dark wallpaper colors tend to make a room look smaller, whereas lighter colors make it look larger.
- Wallpaper can be more cost-effective than actual wood or other materials.
- If you are not feeling bold, you might also consider wallpapering on one wall and painting the three other walls in a coordinationg color.
- Tone-on-tone wallpaper on your ceiling will create a dramatic effect.
Add depth, emotion and intrigue to your home. Create a subtle background or a dramatic effect. Liven up a dull bedroom with a touch of comforting color. Raise a low ceiling.
It can all be done with wallpaper.
In the mid 1980's wallpaper lost popularity as homeowners began to turn to paint. But today, wallpaper is making a comeback. Wallpapers (or more accurately called WALLCOVERINGS because many have no paper in their makeup) come with some extraordinary surfaces and amazing textures.
Environmentally Friendly Wallcoverings - More and more companies have begun to offer environmentally-friendly options. You can now find patterns printed with water-based inks on recycled paper, and natural wall coverings made of materials such as GRASSCLOTH and BAMBOO. Ask us about our collection of nontoxic, sustainable wallpapers.
Popular wallpapers today are the paintable, textured wall-coverings. These wallpapers come in traditional rolls but have embossed,textured designs and are usually white because they are meant to be painted once installed. The texture adds both depth and pattern to your walls and also covers cracks, nail holes and even old wallpaper.
Looking for a way to completely change the look of a room in your house without having to buy much or move anything around? How about wallpapering a ceiling? Wallpapered ceilings can create a dramatic effect in any room, and are a great way to cover up defects and uneven ceilings.
Choose your Wallpaper at Sage's Interiors
Sage's Interiors has the largest selection of wallpaper in the Kearsarge area of New Hampshire. Many of our New London NH showroom sample books feature borders and coordinating fabrics together for a complete look. From vintage, traditional, country to modern wallpaper, you will find stripes, stries, florals, checks, damasks, grasscloths, cottage prints and tone-on-tone wallpapers to fit your individual taste.
We carry Thibaut, Brewster, Blonder, WalQuest, York and Seabrook wallcoverings. If you don't see what you are envisioning, we are happy to inquire for you.